iPad Alerts Headline Animator

Friday, June 25, 2010

iPhone 4 sucks??

So, I got my iPhone4 yesterday and have been having issues with reception just like everybody else. Upon doing some research I found some more information on the problem. The issue has to do with some kind of short happening when you hold the antenna band that wraps around the iPhone. I outline this issue in the video. However, the iPhone can still be useful for making calls if you do one of the following things:
  • Hold the phone from the top, not touching the bottom section of the antenna band. The bottom section is not part of the antenna, it is where the dock connector grounds to the phone. This is why there is a short. When you hold the phone, your body acts as a conductor between the antenna and the bottom ground of the phone, which grounds out your reception.
  • Get a case or one of Apple’s nifty bumpers, which Apple should have named “Our bad for not passing electronics 101 iPhone Case.”
  • Use a bluetooth device and set your phone down on a non-conductive surface.
  • Return your iPhone4, keep using your 3GS until Apple resolves the issue.
I myself will keep my iPhone4 for a while because we all have 30 days to return our “dysfunctioning” phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment